As an advisory leadership group, the American Retirement Association (ARA) Council for Women represents each of the five ARA member organizations:
- American Society of Enrolled Actuaries (ASEA)
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA)
- National Tax-Deferred Savings Association (NTSA)
- Plan Sponsor Council of America (PSCA).
Inspiring women in the retirement plan industry to seek their highest level of personal and professional growth is the council’s vision and mission. The council advises and works with ASEA, ASPPA, NAPA, NTSA, and PSCA, assisting with the development of initiatives that have meaning and value.
The purpose of the council is to:
- Share and implement best practices among the five sister organizations.
- Help build and promote space for the growth of women in our respective fields, e.g. Financial Advisor, TPA, HR professional.
- Increase the presence of women through our collective and coordinated efforts.
Current initiatives include:
- The annual Women in Retirement Conference (WiRC) and the virtual monthly event series Third Thursdays with WiRC.
- The Thrive Mentoring Program.
- Advocacy through forging forward-thinking women’s legislative policy.
- Partnership with ENGAGE to promote women’s economic security.
ARA Council for Women Advisory Committee:
- ASEA: Lynn M. Young, EA, MSEA, partner/consulting actuary, Pinnacle Plan Design, LLC.
- ASPPA: Shannon M. Edwards, ERPA, QPA, QKA, APA, APR, president, TriStar Pension Consulting.
- NAPA: Nicole Corning, CFP®, CRPC®, AIF®, managing partner, Buckman & Corning Financial Strategies Group, Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network.
- NTSA: Kristine J. Coffey, CPC, CPFA™, CRES, executive vice president, CPE Associates, Ltd. SOUTHWEST and MIDWEST, International Consulting.
- PSCA: Michelle R. McGovern, CPSP, director, Strategic Operations, People and Culture; director, Human Resources and Operations, American College of Surgeons.