As an advisory leadership group, the American Retirement Association (ARA) Council for Women represents each of the five ARA member organizations:
- American Society of Enrolled Actuaries (ASEA)
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA)
- National Tax-Deferred Savings Association (NTSA)
- Plan Sponsor Council of America (PSCA).
Inspiring women in the retirement plan industry to seek their highest level of personal and professional growth is the council’s vision and mission. The council advises and works with ASEA, ASPPA, NAPA, NTSA, and PSCA, assisting with the development of initiatives that have meaning and value.
The purpose of the council is to:
- Share and implement best practices among the five sister organizations.
- Help build and promote space for the growth of women in our respective fields, e.g. Financial Advisor, TPA, HR professional.
- Increase the presence of women through our collective and coordinated efforts.
Current initiatives include:
- The annual Women in Retirement Conference (WiRC).
- The Women in Retirement Brunches (at ASPPA Annual and NAPA Summit).
- The virtual monthly event series Third Thursdays with ARA Women in Retirement
- The ARA Thrive Mentoring Program.
- Advocacy through forging forward-thinking women’s legislative policy in coordination with the ARA Government Affairs department.
ARA Council for Women Advisory Committee:
- ASEA: Lynn M. Young, EA, MSEA, partner/consulting actuary, Pinnacle Plan Design, LLC. (Chair)
- ASPPA: Shannon M. Edwards, ERPA, QPA, QKA, APA, APR, president, TriStar Pension Consulting.
- NAPA: Erin Hall, MBA, AIF®, C(k)P®, CPFA, Strategic Retirement Partners.
- NTSA: Donna Caloia, CRES, Relationship Manager, Lincoln Investment
- PSCA: Jennifer Benford Seibert, Senior Human Resources Manager, San Francisco Foundation.
For more information, contact Erika Goodwin, Senior Manager Advocacy Engagement (firstname.lastname@example.org).